Welcome to Urban Cats Philippines.
Our mission is to provide a one-stop educational resource site for cat lovers in urban areas of the Philippines.
We define “cat-lovers” as people who:
- feed community cats,
- advocate trap-neuter-vaccinate-return (TNVR),
- foster cats until they find their furever home,
- adopt cats regardless of the breed rather than buying from breeders,
- lobby and support laws that protect animals, and
- practice responsible pet ownership.
UCPH’s founder, Jasmin Casumpang, lives in a condominium in Metro Manila – the capital of the Philippines.
Being an animal lover, she began feeding the cats found in the parking area of their building.
One day, she found kittens with one of the female adult cats and found out from one of the building staff that one of the kittens was run over by a car.
At that point, she researched if there was a way to avoid this from happening again. And there is. It’s trapping the cats, getting them spayed/neutered, and returning them.
Sadly, all the resources she found applied to Northern America and Europe – nothing locally. So she had to adapt.
This is what inspired her to start Urban Cats PH.